9 Day Guaranteed Departure Tour, up to 28 People
2017 Guaranteed Departure Dates
2018 Guaranteed Departure Dates
Croatian Charms Itinerary:
Arrival to Zagreb
Individual arrival in Zagreb, transfer to the hotel (driving time 20 to 45 min). Welcome drink and group get together. Acquaint yourself with your tour manager and others over a plate of Štrukli, a local specialty in the Zagreb area.
Overnight in Zagreb.
Zagreb – Opatija
After breakfast, enjoy a walking tour of Zagreb with an English speaking guide. In the fortified, medieval Upper Town, you will visit St. Mark’s church, with its multicolor tiled roof, Parliament, the government palace, and many fine old buildings. After the sightseeing, we proceed to Opatija (driving time 2:30h), situated on the picturesque Kvarner Bay, which used to be the favorite spa resort of the Habsburgs and the European aristocracy including famous personalities such as Mahler, Chekhov and Isadora Duncan. Dinner and overnight in Opatija.
Today it’s time to get to know the Istrian peninsula and visit the 2000-year-old roman Colosseum located in Pula. Afterward, we will relax in Rovinj, perhaps the most beautiful city in Istria and the inspiration of many artists. Time at leisure in Rovinj and departure towards Livade for a sample of one the Istrian tastiest treasures, the truffle. Dinner and overnight in Opatija. (departure at 9:00h, return around 18:00h)
Opatija – Plitvice Lakes National Park
The most beautiful and oldest national park in Croatia under UNESCO protection – consisted of 16 lakes connected by magnificent waterfalls. The park is located in Lika mountain region and visited mostly on foot – however, the entrance includes a boat ride across the Emerald Green Lake “Kozjak” and a train ride back to the main entrance. The visit of the park grounds takes approx. 3 hours. Dinner at the hotel restaurant and overnight in Plitvice area. (Driving time approx.. 3:00h)
Plitvice Lakes National Park – Šibenik – Split
After breakfast at the hotel, we drive down from the mountain region of Lika via the coast towards the city of Šibenik. The historic town of Šibenik is rich in cultural and historical monuments. The most representative among them is the famous Cathedral of Šibenik (St. Jacobs), one of the most original architectural projects of the late Middle Ages, primarily linked to the local master Juraj Matejev Dalmatinac (George of Dalmatia). From Šibenik we continue to the Bibich Winery for a gourmet experience that is more than a simple wine tasting. The winery burnt to the ground during the war is now producing rewarded wines and exporting 80% of their production to USA & Scandinavia. We will taste the Dalmatian Debit white wine and Cuvee of Shiraz & Merlot, accompanied with delicious Croatian style Tapas. Departure towards Split for overnight. (total driving time 4 to 5h)
Split – Trogir
Today’s Split is the handiwork of seventeen centuries of men and women building and remodeling, adding, tearing down and touching up, so that 18th-century houses intersect with ancient Roman walls and fourth-century chambers house twentieth-century apartments. At the core of this sprawling cityscape is the palace Emperor Diocletian built for his golden years at the turn of the fourth century. Today’s lunch will be the traditional Dalmatian dish – Pašticada which we will taste at the Tragos restaurant in Trogir. The town of Trogir, a UNESCO site, has a fascinating 2300 years of continuous urban tradition. Its rich culture was created under the influence of old Greeks, Romans, and Venetians. Trogir has a high concentration of palaces, churches, and towers, as well as a fortress on a small island. Sometimes referred to as the floating museum town.
Split – Ston – Dubrovnik
On our way to Dubrovnik, we will stop near the town of Ston, where we visit a local winery and taste the famous “Plavac Mali” wine, a very close relative to the Zinfandel. In this winery the traditional wine making business has been passed on for generations, offering a unique story everyone wants to hear. The wine tasting includes a wine presentation on all the specifics of the winemaking process, wine tasting, and snack. Arrival in Dubrovnik and overnight. (driving time 5 hours)
Completed in the thirteen century, the old city Dubrovnik has remained basically unchanged since. Its medieval ramparts encircle the city which pedestrians can enter through one of two gates – either way, they cross a stone bridge under the watchful gaze of the city’s patron Saint Blaise (Vlaho), to find themselves joining the evening promenade down the broad, stone-paved avenue known as Stradun. After the sightseeing free time to explore the city on your own. Overnight in Dubrovnik.
Dubrovnik – Departure day!
After Breakfast end of the roundtrip. Individual transfers to the airport are included, or a choice of optional excursions, cruises and hotel stay.
This package includes:
- All transfers as per itinerary in modern motor coach / van with A/C as well as local airport transfers on Day 1 and Day 9
- Qualified and licensed tour manager during the entire trip
- Welcome drink and info meeting on Day 1
- 8 x BB in 4* Hotels, except 3* on Plitvice lakes
- 4 x dinner in hotel restaurants
- 4 x high-quality gastronomical experiences in wineries and local restaurants as per itinerary (Truffle tasting / Bibich winery /restaurant Tragos / Pelješac winery)
- Local guides in Zagreb, Šibenik, Dubrovnik, Trogir, Split
- Entrances: Pula Colosseum, Diocletian Palace Split, Cathedral in Šibenik, Franciscan monastery in Dubrovnik, Plitvice lakes
- Porterage & city taxes
- Zagreb: Hotel Dubrovnik, Hotel Palace or similar
- Opatija: Remisens Hotel Admiral, Remisens Hotel Palace-Bellevue, Remisens Hotel Kvarner, Hotel Bristol or similar
- Plitvice: Hotel Degenija, Hotel Jezero or similar
- Split: Hotel Cornarro, Hotel Luxe, Hotel Radisson Blu or similar
- Dubrovnik: Hotel Valamar Lacroma Resort, Hotel Argosy, Hotel Kompas, Hotel Lapad, Hotel Adria or similar
Croatian island cruise
- 7-night cruise starting on Sunday from Dubrovnik
- Visit the most beautiful Adriatic Islands: Korčula, Brač, Hvar, Mljet…
- Half board and accommodation on A+ category ships
- Montenegro Excursion
- Dubrovnik hinterland Folklore show
- Private visit of the Crvik winery
- Prolong your stay in Dubrovnik
- Other beach resorts in Croatia or Montenegro
Package does not include:
- Meals and drinks not included in the cost
- Airfare, Travel Insurance, Gratuities, Personal Expenses
Croatian Charms Tour – Zagreb to Dubrovnik – 9 Days
- Available from March through October
- Small Group Land Tour up to 28 Persons
- Price and availability by request, prices are based on number of passengers traveling and dates of travel
- Hotels are not guaranteed until confirmed