Croatia is a fabulous place to celebrate. Regardless of the time of year, visitors who want to liven things up on their custom Croatian tours, can plan to find crowds celebrating the music, art, dance, film, food and theater of our lovely country. Outdoor festivals and the lively energy of summer makes a visit to Croatia especially magical.
If you have a trip to Croatia planned in the next few months, here is information regarding some of some the festivals and events that will be held this year. (Note: Some of these events may require that you purchase tickets in advance while others do not.)
- Sea Star Festival 2019 Umag, Croatia May 24-25, 2019: This festival takes place along the Croatian seaside and features a weekend of electronic music. Last year more than 80,000 visitors and many music stars attended or performed at this festival. Each year attendance here rises so it is a good idea to book a ticket early if you can
- Spring Break Island 2019 Pag Island, Croatia May 30-June 23, 2019: Croatia’s Spring Break takes place over two weekends. Revelers can enjoy activities such as boat parties, night parties and of course beach parties. There is more to this island than just clubbing, such as its Pag’s world famous local cheese – paski sir – made from sheep’s milk. You can find Pag Town in the center of the island where visitors can escape the party atmosphere.
- INmusic Festival Zagreb, Croatia 2019 June 24–26: This popular music festival features an impressive lineup of musical talent and affordable ticket prices that make it accessible to visitors from all over the globe. This year’s lineup includes groups like Modest Mouse, Johnny Marr, etc.
- The 53rd International Folklore Festival Zagreb, Croatia July 17 – 21, 2019: The festival has been held in Zagreb since 1966 and seeks to present the culture and folklore of various international participants from all over the globe. The festival features music and dance workshops, folk theater, music concerts, church folk singing, etc.
- Dubrovnik Summer Festival, Dubrovnik, Croatia July 9–August 24: The largest and most representative cultural manifestation of Croatia, the Dubrovnik Summer Festival takes place all over the country not just in Dubrovnik. Yearly, thousands of people of all ages pour into the region to experience classic music, food, dance, theater and the folklore of Croatia.
This is just a small sample of the many kinds of festivals and events that take place during the spring/summer in Croatia. As we said – Croatians love to celebrate their joy of life and their rich culture. So, if you are planning a trip to Croatia, know that we are happy to arrange for your participation in any events of your choosing. Adventures to Croatia are always a special experience.