Join us on our Ultimate Island Hopping Adventure
8 Day Cabin Charter on Superior Deluxe Cruise (on an amazing BRAND NEW Ship!) and Inclusive Excursion Package with a maximum capacity of 38 passengers
Available: September 15 – 22, 2018
Guaranteed Departure – Adventures Croatia Exclusive
Visiting: SPLIT – OMIŠ – BRAČ – HVAR – PAKLENI ISLANDS – KORČULA – TRSTENIK – MLJET – DUBROVNIK
(as always, routing is subject to change due to weather or Captain’s discretion)
Join us for the most exclusive and immersive Island Hopping experience available anywhere along the Dalmatian Coast! This Island Hopper is loaded with the most unique, authentic and custom tailored excursions… as well as top-notch wine and culinary experiences. This insider’s tour will be escorted by leading experts on Croatia, who will open your senses to the REAL Dalmatian Coast.
Spoil yourselves and be WOWED on a privately chartered vessel staffed by welcoming, carefully chosen professionals, with spacious air-conditioned cabins, a cozy salon with a lounge bar, sun deck and more. We’ve spent many months creating what will be a spectacular way to experience Croatia’s Dalmatian Coast. Do not miss out, this is certain to top any experience your friends have ever had SOAKING IN the beauty and excitement of Dalmatia. All aboard!!
You will have time to relax, swim, bike, hike and explore the unique and varied towns of the Southern Dalmatia islands and coastal region. We’ve hired the best of the best tour guides, whose passion for their homeland will lend insight into the culture, history, customs and cuisine of Dalmatia. Your inclusive excursion package will offer unique and behind the scenes tours, traditional foods, and wine tasting experiences. Moreover, you will be able to see, feel, hear, experience and taste the Croatian way of life – Croatia’s past blended with its present.
Croatia’s unparalleled coastal beauty, with crystalline water clarity and secluded coves, combined with its rich cultural heritage, and spectacular seafood, wine, and cheeses add up to a sailing experience to savor and remember. With attention to detail and commitment to creating the best experiences, combined with a cruising staff who will provide a high level of onboard services in a relaxed nautical atmosphere – this is a “do-not-miss” trip!
This amazing itinerary is loaded with unique extras, fantastic meals, and experiences. If you are interested in joining the Ultimate Island Hopping Adventure and would like to grab a cabin before they’re all gone, please sign up now.
Day 1 – September 15, Saturday Embarkation – SPLIT (T)
- Arrival to Split Airport; transfer to Split Port
- SHIP EMBARKATION starts at 2 pm
- Check-in, welcome “meet & greet” cocktail reception on board
- After settling, join our guided tour of Split with an English speaking guide through the old city center and the 1700-year-old Diocletian’s palace
- After the tour, dinner at a local restaurant has been arranged for the group.
- Return to the ship and overnight onboard in Split
Day 2 – September 16, Sunday SPLIT – OMIŠ (B, L, D)
Omiš is a small town and harbor in Central Dalmatian located between Split and Makarska, situated in the mouth of the Cetina river and surrounded with massive gorges. In the past, Omiš was notorious because of the pirates of Omiš whose ships were a centuries-long symbol of retaliation, courage, and strength. The evidence of proud and turbulent Omiš history can be found on every corner of the Omiš Riviera. Omiš churches and Omiš fortresses are silent stone reminders of the power and the might of infamous Omiš pirates. Today, Omiš is one of the most beautiful places on Croatia’s Adriatic Coast.
- Our first stop will be Omiš a picturesque town surrounded by steep rocky mountain cliffs, where the river Cetina flows into the Adriatic Sea, ideal for a choice of activities: river rafting on the streams of the Cetina River, zip-line adventure accompanied by instructors, hiking to Fortica fortress or a city tour
- After lunch on board served during our travel time from Hvar, an afternoon arrival to Omiš is expected
Includes your choice of one of these morning excursions please choose ONE:
- Zip lining in Omiš (Transfer, Zipline adventure, Guide) Approx duration: 3 hours
- Rafting on Cetina river (Transfer, Professional licensed instructor, Rafting equipment, Safety gear) Approx duration: 3 hours
- Walking City Tour of Omis Approx duration: 3 hours
- Hike to the fortress Fortica (the total hiking distance is 2340 meters), located at the mountain range called Omiška Dinara, the highest peak is 850 meters above the sea level, while the fortress is located at 303 meters above the sea level. Approx duration: 3 hours
- Private transfer from Omiš Port to Kaštil Slanica restaurant for lunch where the optional activities participants will join the rest of the group
- Upon arrival performance of the local cultural group of the Omiš dance and soparnik served with welcome drinks, followed by three-course lunch
- After dinner return to Omiš by a boat ride down the Cetina river stream admiring the views over to Dinara Mountain.
- Private transfer from Omiš Port to Kaštil Slanica restaurant for those who remain on board for dinner followed by a bus transfer to Omiš (three-course meal without drinks)
- Upon arrival, traditional performance of the local cultural group of the “Omiš dance” and soparnik served with welcome drinks.
Day 3 – September 17, Monday OMIŠ – BRAČ (B, L)
Brac is the largest of the central Dalmatian islands, and also the highest among the Adriatic islands at 778 meters. A symbol of the island is Zlatni Rat in Bol, on the island’s south side – one of the most beautiful beaches in the entire Adriatic. Brac quarries are famous for the stone taken out since the time of Roman rule until today. The stone from Brac is known for its quality and whiteness, and it was used to build some of the most important buildings, including the White House in Washington (USA), Parliament in Budapest, and Diocletian’s Palace in Split, among many others.
- This morning we continue our cruise to the island of Brač, more precisely to the town of Bol, a typical Dalmatian fishermen’s village converted into a tourist destination. Bol is best known for its famous Zlatni Rat beach (Golden horn), a natural phenomenon with unusual geology that stands out from other beaches of Croatia.
- Enjoy leisure time on your own with opportunities to relax, swim, hike or rent a scooter up to Vidova Gora for a spectacular view of Bol and surroundings.
- Visit the Dragon’s Cave, so called after one of the reliefs found inside. The guide takes you up to the cave, pointing out other significant sites on the way, explains the relevance of the carvings found inside the cave’s four rooms and gives an insight into the way the monks adapted to their harsh surroundings. On your way down you will pass the vineyards, have an arranged transfer to the local wine cellar and enjoy a wine tasting of the island’s most popular brands such as pošip and plavac mali. (Included: English speaking guide, transfer, wine tasting)
- Overnight in Bol
Day at leisure
Dinner on your own
Day 4 – September 18, Tuesday BRAČ – PAKLENI ISLANDS – HVAR (B, L, T)
Pakleni islands archipelago, a labyrinth of several smaller islands that offer perfect bays for swimming and snorkeling.
Exploring the Paklinski Islands one cove at a time will make you believe that surprises are waiting around every corner, both above and beneath the surface! Every cove is a microcosm, a wonder of nature, a story in itself.
Paklinski islands group are situated in front of Hvar town and they tend to use like a large town park and town port breakwater.
Pakleni islands group consists of Jerolim, Pokonji dol, Galešnik, Marinkovac, Planikovac, Borovac, Stambedar, Dobri otok, Gojca, Vlaka, Borovac, Parzanj, Travna, Mali Vodnjak, Veli Vodnjak islets, the biggest one Saint Klement island and few cliffs.
The lavender island that Conde Nast’s signature travel magazine called “one of the “best 10 islands in the world”. A vacation on the lavender island of Hvar means extraordinary experiences every day – from visiting an ancient olive grove and learning about what Homer called “liquid gold”, taking a Jeep safari to discover hidden inland Hvar to exploring a castle, visiting the oldest theatre in Europe or tasting spectacular wine and local delicacies at an award-winning vineyard.
- This morning we head towards the island of Hvar, the longest and sunniest Adriatic island, a favorite destination for jet-setters from all around the world.
- Lunch stop on the small Island of Šćedro followed by a swim stop at the Pakleni Islands. Arrival to Hvar in the afternoon.
- Hvar Town offers many cultural and historical sites – Renaissance cathedral, the oldest communal theater in Europe founded in 1612, Franciscan monastery, the Benedictine convent famous for their lace listed on the UNESCO World Heritage List, Španjola Fortress towering above the town
- Hvar walking city tour with visits to the Cathedral and Franciscan monastery followed by a walk up to Španjola Fortress where you’ll enjoy a private get together with music, wine sampling, and snacks
- Dinner on your own in one of many restaurants and bars and nightclubs open late all night long…
- Return to the Adventures Croatia ship for an overnight in Hvar
Day 5 – September 19, Wednesday HVAR – KORČULA (B, L, D)
Korčula was first mentioned as early as the 10th c. in works of Byzantine historians under the name “Stone Town”. It flourished under the Venetian government and later on it spread around the town walls. But in spite of all that, it is still the most famous as the birthplace of Marco Polo who was probably born here in 1254, and reminders of him can be seen all around the town, including the extremely interesting Marco Polo Museum which is something you definitively don`t want to miss when visiting this beautiful Dalmatian town. Today it`s a town where you can vividly feel the Mediterranean spirit of people who live and work in this mixture of Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque architecture.
- Early morning departure (7 am) from Split towards Korčula, the birthplace of the famous explorer and adventurer Marco Polo. Surrounded by medieval walls, Korčula resembles a miniature Dubrovnik when approaching from the sea. The town has more legends, tales, and monuments than you can find anywhere else. Today, Korčula is the only place in the world where the Spanish medieval Knight’s game – Moreška – is still performed.
- Stop for lunch in one of the secluded bays en route
- Upon arrival to Korčula enjoy exploring the Old Town Korčula with streets built in the shape of a fish bone on your own
- In the evening meeting will follow and be gathering at the indoor stage where you shall enjoy traditional Moreška Sword Dance performance
- Performance will be followed by dinner at a local Restaurant on Korcula
- Why not end your evening with a drink at a local Cocktail Bar – Set under the turrets of the 15th-century Zakerjan Tower in the northern fortifications, which is accessible by stairs, then up a ladder. Standard cocktails in lurid colors come to you by pulley as you take in the view as far as Pelješac.
- Overnight in Korčula port
Day 6 – September 20, Thursday KORČULA – TRSTENIK (B, L, D)
Today, we continue our cruise towards the little seaside village of Trstenik on the Pelješac peninsula, well known for its excellent wine.
Before lunch a short stop at one of the Elaphiti Islands and afternoon arrival to Trstenik.
Trstenik is a village situated on the southern coast of the Peljesac peninsula. It is connected to the Croatian mainland by the coastal road via Ston. The village is located in a deep, south-facing bay under the tall Peljesac hills, with a large pebble beach at the base of the bay. The bay is an anchoring spot as it has a well-protected pier, though it is not recommended in times of southern wind Jugo. Trstenik is about 90 km away from Dubrovnik and due to it’s unique gorgeous and unspoiled location, is considered as one of the most beautiful villages of Croatian coast. The sea here is crystal clear and is rich in underwater life. Numerous small bays and beaches that can only be reached by boat are in the near vicinity of Trstenik.
History of Trstenik: Trstenik was in 19th and beginning of 20th century important harbor for transportation of grapes from Peljesac’s isolated southern vineyards to Italy and beyond. At that times the only way to transport grapes at harvest from southern slopes of Peljesac was to load them on donkeys and carry them over the mountain to the wineries in Potomje (village on Peljesac that has well-known winery) , or along the steep southern ridges to Trstenik to be loaded on boats and transported by sea to Italy or Split and Dubrovnik.
Peljesac Wines: Trstenik is a home of Grgich Winery that was founded by Napa Valley winemaker Mike Grgich, a Croatian emigre, in 1958. Grgich, who earned international fame as the winemaker at Calistoga’s Chateau Montelena, founded his own Grgich Hills winery in Rutherford in 1971. Red wine Plavac Mali is a famous product of this winery.
- Morning departure from this magnificent town and departure for a small village called Ston on the mainland, a peaceful fishermen’s village and the starting point to an Exclusive Adventures Croatia Pelješac Tour – private tour of Pelješac peninsula in off-road Renault 4 vehicles with visits to famous Ston Walls, family Miloš vineyard and winery with wine and olive oil tasting and oyster harvesting with a local fisherman.
- Transfer back to the ship.
- Dinner on board the ship in Trstenik and an overnight
Dubrovnik is a medieval city on the Croatian side of the Adriatic coastline and treasure trove of cultural, historical monuments that were created throughout its thousand-year existence. In the past, it was a City-Republic, and alongside Venice one of the most famous cultural-economic centers on the Mediterranean. In more recent times, it has become the center of modern cultural and tourist events: a city of summer festivals – an international parade of top musical and theatrical achievements, a city of museums and galleries. These values have turned Dubrovnik into a place that offers a rich selection of various experiences and excitement, but also a complete holiday in a quiet and calming, mild Mediterranean ambiance and wonderful seaside landscapes.
- Breakfast on board, continuing our cruise to Dubrovnik
- Early afternoon arrival in Dubrovnik, but before we tie the ropes at Gruž harbor the captain will take you for a cruise alongside the old city walls while your lunch is served on deck.
- Enjoy the spectacular views of this magnificent old town.
- Transfer to the old town for the exclusive Adventures Croatia guided walking tour of this magical town.
- King’s Landing, the capital of Seven Kingdom awaits you…Join us on our tour with our skilled guides, costumed actors, movie buffs, fans, and extras from the set. Find out firsthand about the sets, actors and backstage intrigues.
- 2 costumed guides interactively guiding a combined tour of Dubrovnik History and Game of Thrones which allows you to appreciate the stunning locations you are about to visit. You will be surprised by costumed actors at certain points in the tour presenting intriguing storylines that add to the exquisite and unique experience of your visit to Dubrovnik. Discuss fun theories and reenact the actual scenes with our props and professional guidance. The most important thing…have a great time with us and bring home some great and unique memories! Valar Morghulis!
OPTIONAL: Wine tasting with snacks or dinner
- Captain’s Dinner on board, and passenger talent night (Please be prepared! Your ‘talent’ could be singing, dancing, comedy, poetry reading, lip syncing, etc. Mandatory participation for maximum fun!
- Overnight in Dubrovnik.
Day 8 – September 22, 2017 – Saturday DUBROVNIK
- Early morning disembarkation. All passengers must disembark no later than 9am.
- Private transfers from Gruz Harbor to Dubrovnik Airport (or hotel if adding a post-cruise land tour)
Ship Description and Specifics:
BRAND NEW SHIP, currently being built. Maiden Voyage in early summer 2018. Photos coming soon!
19 DBL/TWN cabins for guests, maximum of 38 guests and 1 Tour Coordinator
- 1 VIP Sund Deck Cabin – SOLD OUT
- 2 Upper Deck Cabins – SOLD OUT
- 8 Main Deck Cabins – 3 Cabins Left!
- 8 Below Deck Cabins – 5 Cabins Left!
The Ultimate Island Hopping Adventure Package includes:
- All private and English speaking guides and drivers
- VAT Tax included
- 24hr concierge and in-Croatia assistance
- Private transfers from Split Airport to Split Port upon arrival
- Welcome embarkation party and meeting with the crew
- 7 nights’ charter with crew
- Croatian specialist cruise and tour directors
- Accommodation in two bedded cabin with private facilities
- Daily cabin servicing, fresh bed linen and towels midweek
- Daily buffet breakfast
- Use of A/C in the cabins, safe deposit box and hairdryer in each cabin
- You will be provided with two towels for personal use and one beach towel. Additional towels available if needed
- Private walking tour of Old Town Split
- Three-course dinner menu at Split restaurant (drinks not included)
- Choice of one excursion: Zip Lining, Rafting on Cetina River, Hike to Fortress, or City Walking Tour in Omiš
- Private transfer from Omiš Port to River Restaurant restaurant for those who remain on board for dinner followed by a bus transfer to Omiš (three-course meal without drinks)
- Upon arrival, traditional performance of the local cultural group of the “Omiš dance” and soparnik served with welcome drinks.
- Hvar walking city tour with visits to Franciscan Monastery and Cathedral followed by a walk up to the Španjola Fortress for a private get together with music, wine sampling, and snacks
- Private Moreška Sword Dance performance on the summer stage with a welcome drink (sparkling champagne)
- Three-course dinner at Korcula Restaurant private terrace (drinks not included)
- Exclusive Adventures Croatia Pelješac Tour – private tour of Pelješac peninsula in off-road Renault 4 vehicles with visits to famous Ston Walls, family Miloš vineyard and winery with wine and olive oil tasting and oyster harvesting with a local fisherman
- Dubrovnik walking tour with Game of Thrones influence
- Captain’s Dinner and Talent Night on board
- Private transfer from Gruz Harbor to Dubrovnik airport upon departure
Optional Excursions Available:
- Visit the Dragon’s Cave, so called after one of the reliefs found inside. The guide takes you up to the cave, pointing out other significant sites on the way, explains the relevance of the carvings found inside the cave’s four rooms and gives an insight into the way the monks adapted to their harsh surroundings. On your way down you will pass the vineyards and finally have an arranged transfer back to the port (Included: English speaking guide, transfer)
- Enjoy Massimo Cocktail Bar in Korčula after dinner (drinks not included)
- Additional excursions are available upon request!
Program does not include:
- Meals and drinks not mentioned above
- Airfare, Travel
- Additional excursions and / or services not mentioned in the program
- Personal expenses (internet, telephone, mini bar etc.)
- Tips and porterage services
* Legend: B – breakfast; L – lunch; D – dinner; T – tasting