Explore Croatia, Montenegro & Monaco
12 Day Custom Itinerary, exploring the best of Croatia, Montenegro & Monaco
Visiting: DUBROVNIK – ELAPHITI ISLANDS – PELJEŠAC – MLJET – MONTENEGRO – MONACO
Curious what our other clients have said about Adventures Croatia? Read some of their reviews.
Day 1 – DUBROVNIK
- Arrival in Dubrovnik and a meeting with your driver for a private transfer to your hotel
- Time at leisure and an overnight stay in Dubrovnik
Day 2 – DUBROVNIK
- Breakfast at the hotel and morning at leisure
- Meeting with your guide for a private walking tour of Old Town Dubrovnik tasting your way around Dubrovnik’s history
- The tale of Dubrovnik is a long and interesting one. The city’s history is full of turmoil and intrigue and the lives of the local people have always been subject to various threats from the surrounding areas or from within. However, one thing that seems to never change in Dubrovnik is its people’s fondness for delicious local food and wine. Accompanied by a local guide and a dedicated foodie, walk around Dubrovnik’s historical center and marvel at the beauty of the stone-cobbled streets outlined by so many wonderfully preserved historical buildings. You will get an overview of the city’s history, but the tour will not be just walking and talking. Along the way, you will enjoy a visit to a few spots where you will get to taste a few bites of local food accompanied by lovely Croatian wine. Local cuisine is vastly influenced by cuisines of other Mediterranean region countries, but there is a story behind what is traditionally eaten in Dubrovnik and why.
- Time at leisure to explore the town on your own
- Recommendation: Enjoy your dinner at a renowned Restaurant – Michelin starred, fine dining restaurant located at UNESCO heritage site (to be paid on spot)
- Time at leisure, return to the hotel on your own and an overnight in Dubrovnik
Day 3 – DUBROVNIK – ELAPHITI ISLANDS – DUBROVNIK
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Climb aboard a private boat and sail to the most beautiful islands in the Dubrovnik archipelago – Elaphiti Islands. Enjoy panoramic views of the walled city, swim from sandy beaches, enjoy lunch at a local tavern, and more. Explore the scenic beauty of the Elaphiti Islands on a full-day or half-day sailing tour to Koločep, Lopud, and Šipan. Swim in beautiful bays, sandy beaches, and discover historic monuments and tiny votive churches from the comfort of your own private sailing boat.
- Return transfer to your hotel in Dubrovnik, time at leisure and an overnight
Day 4 – DUBROVNIK – PELJEŠAC – DUBROVNIK
- Meeting with your driver and a guide for a private excursion to Pelješac peninsula that has been known for its excellent wines since ancient times as well as oyster harvesting.
- Heading towards the village of Ston and Pelješac peninsula, the home of Dingac and Plavac Mali sorts. A short promenade through Ston and a look at the cleverly designed city walls. A visit to the 14th-century old salt factory, the oldest in Europe.
- Then moving towards the small bay in Hodilje for an oyster harvesting experience with the local oyster and mussel producer and a traditional Dalmatian light lunch
- Onward drive to Orebić and visit a local winery & estate in the small coastal town of Orebic (or-ub-itch), a region renowned for its culture, seaports, and winemaking traditions that date back to the Roman Empire.
- We invite you to explore the culture, vineyards, winemaking traditions and state-of-the-art winery and experience the winemaking renaissance that is underway in Croatia and reflected in the wines of the winery’s portfolio.
- A short drive will follow and a visit to another family farm and wine cellars with wine tasting and early dinner.
- This house actually used to be a winery, but its owners went on a quest for a better life overseas, leaving their winery to sleep for 80 years.
- Return drive to Dubrovnik will follow, time at leisure and an overnight
Day 5 – DUBROVNIK – MLJET – DUBROVNIK
- Day at leisure in Dubrovnik, or
- OPTIONAL: Breakfast at the hotel and a meeting with your skipper for a full-day private excursion to National Park Mljet (Duration, 10 hours)
- Return to the hotel, time at leisure and an overnight
Day 6 – DUBROVNIK – MONTENEGRO – DUBROVNIK
- Early morning pickup at your hotel, then heading towards the Montenegrin border while passing by Dubrovnik’s Konavle wine region. After border clearance and traveling past the Herceg Novi city outskirts, our first stop will be the entrance to Boka Bay. This will also be a fantastic photo opportunity of Perast and islets of the Gospa od Skrpjela and Sveti Nikola. We shall then be heading for Perast, a 33km drive through Europe’s largest South European fiord. Passing by Risan, the home of the Illyrian goddess Teuta and reaching Perast. Upon reaching Perast, we shall take the boat to the islet of the Gospa od Skrpjela. Kotor follows and free time predicted for Kotor sightseeing. Later, heading towards Sveti Stefan. Where you will have the opportunity to visit the exclusive Aman Resort and refresh over lunch
- Optional private swimming at Queen’s Beach in Milocer.
- Return to Dubrovnik for an overnight
Day 7 – DUBROVNIK
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Explore the city on your own or enjoy the hotel amenities
- Recommendation: Take part in Dubrovnik Summer Festival and attend the unique piano performance by a world-renowned pianist Ivo Pogorelich (of Croatian origin) in Rector’s Palace
- Time at leisure and an overnight in Dubrovnik
Day 8 – DUBROVNIK
- Time at leisure to explore the city on your own
- Wine paired dinner with four-course meals at renowned Restaurant attended by Cellar Master of the restaurant (Croatia’s reigning master sommelier)
Day 9 – DUBROVNIK - MONACO
- Check out and a private transfer to Dubrovnik Airport
- Departure flight to Monaco
- Private transfer from airport to your hotel,
- Overnight Monaco, 4* hotel
Day 10 – MONACO
- Private car with driver at disposal from 3 pm to 7 pm. Pick up and drop off at your hotel. (No guide, no private after-hours tour of the Prince’s Palais! – Only driver at disposal)
- Suggested visit: Casino de Monte-Carlo.
- Overnight, Monaco, 4* hotel
Day 11 – MONACO
- Private guide driver from 9 am to 6 pm to visit Saint Paul de Vence, Vence, and Grasse. Pick up and drop off at your hotel.
- Overnight, Monaco, 4* hotel
Day 12 – MONACO
Private transfer to airport for your final flight home, or customize this trip to your liking!
Program does not include:
- Meals and drinks not mentioned above
- Airfare, Travel Insurance
- Additional excursions and / or services not mentioned in the program
- Personal expenses (internet, telephone, mini bar etc.)
- Tips and porterage services
- Available dates upon request
- Travel between late May - September
- Double occupancy, Solo traveler with supplement
- Customizable! Make this your own, custom experience
- The 12-day tour, as listed, starting price is $5995 per person, double occupancy
- Price and availability are subject to change based on travel dates, availability, hotels