AC101: Deluxe Cruise and Croatia Land Tour -Zagreb to Dubrovnik
11 Day Deluxe Cruise and Private Land Tour
Visiting: ZAGREB – PLITVICE NATIONAL PARK – SPLIT – (BOL) HVAR – BISEVO – VIS – KORČULA – MLJET – SLANO/ STON – DUBROVNIK
Guaranteed Departure Dates Below, subject to availability
Day 1: ZAGREB
Unveil the secrets behind the old facades, discover the hidden courtyards and revive the stories from the past. We'll give you a completely new perspective of Zagreb City. Walking tour of Zagreb starts with the main square Ban Jelačić, Cathedral, Tkalčićeva street, the Stone Gate, Upper Town, the historical center of the city, St. Mark's Church with the famous multi-colored roof. Using funicular, close to the Lotrščak Tower, you can go down to the Lower town to see a part of the famous Ilica street, the Croatian National Theatre, University and more. Itinerary:
- Arrival to Zagreb and meeting with your driver for a private transfer to your hotel in Zagreb
- Time at leisure and an overnight
- Accommodation in a 4* hotel, in Zagreb, double room, BB basis
Day 2: ZAGREB
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Meeting with your guide for a private walking city tour of Zagreb
- Time at leisure and overnight at the hotel
- Accommodation in a 4* hotel, in Zagreb, double room, BB basis
Day 3: ZAGREB - PLITVICE LAKES NATIONAL PARK - SPLIT
Olives, indigenous aromatic plants, brilliancy of white stone against the verdant vegetation and the towering mountain massif of Biokovo whose spurs reach all the way to the sea – yes, this is indeed an exceptional part of the country, and its beauty is made all the more enchanting by numerous historic events and monuments, and cultural manifestations. When, in the year 305, the Roman Emperor Diocletian, who ruled the entire world at that time, decided to build his leisure time abode - in which he intended to spend the rest of his life - he had no doubt as to exactly where build to it. In the very heart of Dalmatia, in the bay of Aspalathos (Split), well protected from the sea by the islands of the Split archipelago, and defended on its landward side by high mountains, Diocletian created a special point on the map of the Adriatic: the future city of Split. Itinerary:
- Breakfast at the hotel, and check out.
- Meet your driver for a private transfer from Zagreb to Split with an optional stop in Plitvice National Park for a visit on your own
- Arrival in Split and accommodation in your centrally situated hotel
- Time at leisure and an overnight in Split
- Accommodation in a 4* hotel in Split, double room, BB basis
DAY 4: SPLIT (D)
- Breakfast at the hotel, and check out.
- Transfer from your Split hotel to the Split harbor for check-in from 2 pm onwards.
- After settling, enjoy the guided tour of Split, a historic town under UNESCO protection and part of the world heritage with an abundance of Roman architecture – of special interest is the magnificent Diocletian palace, once inhabited by the Roman emperor.
- After the tour, return to the ship for a welcome meet & greet cocktail reception on board. Overnight in Split.
DAY 5: SPLIT – (BOL) HVAR (B, L)
- Morning departure to Brač island where swimming is planned at the most famous beach in Dalmatia – Zlatni Rat near Bol – whose gravel promontory shifts from side to side as the wind and waves constantly change in shape. Bol is a typical fishermen’s village converted into a popular tourist destination.
- Continue towards the jet-set island Hvar with lunch on board at the Pakleni Islands. Hvar is the longest and sunniest island in the Adriatic known for lavish lavender fields and breathtaking beauty. Afternoon arrival followed by a short presentation of lavender products and a tour of the town’s historical landmarks - the Renaissance cathedral with its original tower, and the oldest community theatre in Europe founded in 1612. Hike up to the town fort overlooking the harbor for some lovely scenic views of your ship and the Pakleni islands. In the evening Hvar offers an abundance of entertainment - numerous restaurants, bars, and cafes are open long into the night. Overnight in the port.
DAY 6: HVAR – VIS (B, L, T)
- Early morning cruise towards small island Biševo to visit the Blue cave, a magnificent natural phenomenon (entrances to be paid on the spot – approx. 7 EUR). As sometimes weather conditions can be very unpredictable, the possibility of our visit will depend on those conditions, however, you will be notified of this on time. Continue to the island of Vis, once a strategic naval Yugoslav base and closed to the public. Due to this isolation, Vis has a special charm – “the Mediterranean as it once was” making it really interesting to visit.
- Situated on the northern side of the island, Vis has developed near the remains of the ancient Issa, the first urban center in Croatia. Try some exquisite wine sorts in one of the Vis traditional wineries. If interested, visit the remains of the Roman thermal place, City museum or simply take a walk enjoying the views of the beautiful Villae Rusticae situated along the waterfront. Overnight in the port of Vis.
DAY 7: VIS - KORČULA (B, L)
- Early morning departure towards the Korčula island best known as the birthplace of Marco Polo. Stop for lunch in one of the secluded bays en route. Afternoon arrival in Korčula followed by a guided walking tour of this enchanting town surrounded by walls. and one of the best-preserved medieval cities in the Mediterranean. Fish bone street pattern was used in Korčula Old Town design to reduce the effects of wind and sun and provide citizens with sheltered and comfortable accommodation. Korčula has an abundant choice of restaurants to enjoy your gourmet experience and there are numerous bars and clubs for those looking for evening entertainment. Optional excursion to a small village near Korčula for typical Dalmatian dinner and to find out more about the history and traditional way of living. Overnight in Korčula.
DAY 8: KORČULA - MLJET (B, L, D)
The next morning we head further south to the Island of Mljet. The legend says Greek hero Odysseus spent years on this island when he was captured by the nymph Calypso. Itinerary:
- Join the cruise manager for a stroll to the famous salt lakes in the Mljet National Park and enjoy the boat ride to the St Mary Isle to visit an ancient Benedictine monastery, an old abbey and a Church dating back to the 12th Century. Alternatively, you can rent kayaks, bicycles, scooters or convertible cars to roam around the National Park or island on your own, but beware of the nymphs. Enjoy the peace and tranquility of the island. Dinner on board and overnight in port Polača or Pomena.
DAY 9: MLJET - SLANO/ STON (B, L, T, D)
- Departure for a small village called Slano on the mainland, a peaceful fishermen's village and the starting point to Ston, another, once fortified small village famous for its oysters.
- After exploring the town’s medieval ramparts a short coastal walk leads us to an oyster farm to learn more about oysters and tasting this delicious treat. Transfer back to the ship for the Captain’s dinner with entertainment and music.
DAY 10: SLANO – DUBROVNIK (B, L)
- Early morning departure to Dubrovnik - a unique town on the Adriatic. The special charm of this ancient town is the buildings that have remained from the time of the old Dubrovnik Republic. A larger part of the monuments belonging to the modest Renaissance architecture with some traces of the Gothic style. Before we tie the ropes at Gruž harbor cruise alongside the old Dubrovnik city walls while lunch is served on deck. After docking, transfer to the old town for the guided walking tour of this magical town. Take the cable car from the Old Town to Srđ mountain to enjoy scenic views of the Walls and the Elaphiti Islands. For those with more enthusiasm, we recommend a walk on top of the 1940 m long city walls! Time at leisure for dinner and overnight in Dubrovnik.
DAY 11: DUBROVNIK Check out (B)
- Breakfast and time to say goodbye to the crew and all your new friends!
- Check out by 9.00 am and transfer to Dubrovnik airport.
- END program
DELUXE SUPERIOR SHIP - new luxury, larger ships, lavishly designed, air-conditioned very spacious en-suite cabins (with double or twin beds). With 19 comfortable cabins, hydromassage pool and all modern amenities, Riva offers the supreme experience of Croatia small ship cruising. Specifications:
- 1 VIP cabin on sundeck
- 2 cabins on top deck
- 7 cabins on main deck
- 8 cabins lower deck (2 cabins with additional bed)
- +1 guide cabin
- LENGTH: 48,17 m
- WIDTH: 8,6 m
- Speed: 12 M (new technique - less hull vibration)
- Max passengers: 36 – 40
- Voltage: 220V
- Cabin size (in square meters) 12-13
- Windows or Portholes? Windows above deck, portholes below deck
- A/C - yes
- Toiletries - yes
- LCD TV - yes
- Safe - yes
- Hairdryer - yes
- Under-bed storage - yes
- Wardrobe - yes
- Desk - yes
- Balcony (May 25)
- Towel hire: possible
- Cabin service: on request
AC101 Deluxe Cruise and Land Tour Package Includes:
- ALL PRIVATE and ENGLISH SPEAKING GUIDES AND DRIVERS
- VAT TAX INCLUDED
- 24hr concierge and in Croatia assistance
- Private transfer from Zagreb hotel to Zagreb Airport
- 2 nights Zagreb, 4* hotel, bb basis
- Private guided walking tour of Zagreb
- Private transfer from Split to Zagreb, with optional en-route stop to Plitvice Lakes National Park (entrance tickets not included)
- 1 night Split, 4* hotel, bb basis
- Assistance with your luggage and transfer to the Deluxe cruise
- 7 nights on Deluxe cruise, include:
- Welcome reception & cocktail
- Daily buffet breakfast
- Buffet breakfast and 3-course lunch daily, 1 drink with lunch & 1 Liter of water per person daily
- Captain's dinner with live entertainment
- Spectacular evening lunch cruise along the old town city walls of Dubrovnik,
- Croatian wine tasting in Vis
- Half-day excursion of Ston with Oyster farm visit and tasting including entrance to the walls of Ston and Ston saltworks
- Abundant fresh fruit
- Professional Tour manager
- Guided walking tours of towns: Dubrovnik, Hvar, Korčula, Split
- One-way bus transfer from Dubrovnik port to Old town Dubrovnik for sightseeing
- Dubrovnik cable car fee
- Mljet National Park entrance fee
- Visitors' taxes & port fees
- Luggage handling
- Daily cabin service
- Free wi-fi on board
- Upon disembarkation, Assistance with your luggage and a private transfer from Dubrovnik port to the airport or Hotel for additional stay (not included, but can be arranged)
- Meals and drinks not mentioned above
- Airfare, Travel Insurance
- Additional excursions and / or services not mentioned in the program
- Personal expenses (internet, telephone, mini bar etc.)
- Tips and porterage services
- April 29 – May 9, 2020
- May 13 – May 23, 2020
- May 27 – June 6, 2020
- June 10 – June 20, 2020
- June 17 – June 27, 2020
- June 24 – July 4, 2020
- July 1 – July 11, 2020
- July 8 – July 18, 2020
- July 15 – July 25, 2020
- July 22 – August 1, 2020
- July 29 – August 8, 2020
- August 5 – August 15, 2020
- August 12 – August 22, 2020
- August 19 – August 29, 2020
- August 26 – September 5, 2020
- September 16 – September 26, 2020
- September 30 – October 10, 2020