The Best Festivals in Croatia
Summer and fall are exciting times in Croatia! There are numerous events happening throughout the region to enliven your visit and add to your aesthetic sense of wonder. We don’t have room to list them all, but here are a few celebrations not to be missed!
- 13th Annual Summer on Stross
- May 23rd through September 15th
- Daily from midday through evening
- This is the 13th summer on Stross for this wonderful event. Start your journey towards the Stross Meyer Promenade and partake of the cornucopia of music, film, theater and fine art that’s available. One of the more romantic festivals in Croatia!
The Island of Korcula:
- Moreska Sword Dance
- Every Monday and Thursday in July and August
- This is one of the islands most revered traditions. Dating back to the 15th Century, you will be thrilled by the agility of the performers and the history of the dance.
Korkyra Baroque Festival
- September 7th through September 13th
- Korcula offers up a feast of music set in cultural heritage sites. Concerts will be held over the course of 7 days in addition to a varied entertainment program and lectures related to baroque music.
- 64th Annual Dubrovnik Summer Festival
- July 10th through August 25th
- Welcome to one of the most gorgeous cities in the world and one of the oldest festivals in Europe. With over 80 international music, theater and dance performances over a seven week period, you will be thoroughly entertained. Thousands of artists perform in venues like the Minceta Fortress and Rector’s Palace for a dazzling display.
The Island of Hvar:
- Jelsa Wine Fair
- August 29th and 30th
- An annual event that showcases Hvar’s world famous wines. The best of the island vintage is on display as well as a variety of local cuisine to create a gourmand’s delight.
Written by Pamela Robinson