Ultimate Island Hopping Adventure: Discover the Dalmatian Coast
8 Day Cabin Charter on Deluxe Cruise and Inclusive Excursion Package with a maximum capacity of 38 passengers
Available: September 2 – 9, 2017
Guaranteed Departure – Adventures Croatia Exclusive
Visiting: SPLIT – KORČULA – MLJET – DUBROVNIK – TRSTENIK – PAKLENI ISLANDS – HVAR – OMIŠ
Join Adventures Croatia on our small ship cruise for the most exclusive and immersive Island Hopping experience available anywhere along the Dalmatian Coast! Our Island Hopper is loaded with the most unique, authentic and custom tailored excursions… as well as top notch wine and culinary experiences. This insider’s tour will be escorted by our own leading experts on Croatia, who will open your senses to the REAL Dalmatian Coast. So spoil yourselves and let us WOW you on a privately chartered vessel staffed by welcoming, carefully chosen professionals, with spacious air-conditioned cabins, a cozy salon with a lounge bar, sun deck and more. We’ve taken the best of our past cruises and spent many months creating what will be an even more spectacular way to experience Croatia’s Dalmatian Coast. Do not miss out, this is certain to top any experience your friends have ever had SOAKING IN the beauty and excitement of Dalmatia. All aboard!!
You will have time to relax, swim, bike, hike and explore the unique and varied towns of the Southern Dalmatia islands and coastal region. We’ve hired the best of the best tour guides, whose passion for their homeland will lend insight into the culture, history, customs and cuisine of Dalmatia. Your inclusive excursion package will offer unique and behind the scenes tours, traditional foods, and wine tasting experiences. Moreover, you will be able to see, feel, hear, experience and taste the Croatian way of life – Croatia’s past blended with its present.
Croatia’s unparalleled coastal beauty, with crystalline water clarity and secluded coves, combined with its rich cultural heritage, and spectacular seafood, wine and cheeses add up to a sailing experience to savor and remember. With attention to detail and commitment to creating the best experiences, combined with a cruising staff who will provide a high level of on-board services in a relaxed nautical atmosphere – this is a “do-not-miss” trip!
This amazing itinerary is loaded with unique extras, fantastic meals, and experiences. If you are interested in joining our Island Hopping Adventure and would like to grab a cabin before they’re all gone, please sign up now.
Day 1 – September 2, Saturday Embarkation – SPLIT
Arrival to Split Airport; transfer to Split Port
SHIP EMBARKATION starts at 2pm
Check in, welcome “meet & greet” cocktail reception on board
After settling, join our guided tour of Split with an English speaking guide through the old city center and the 1700-year-old Diocletian’s palace
After the tour, dinner at a local restaurant has been arranged for the group.
Return to the ship and overnight onboard in Split
Day 2 – September 3, Sunday SPLIT – KORČULA (B, L, D)
Korčula was first mentioned as early as the 10th c. in works of Byzantine historians under the name “Stone Town”. It flourished under the Venetian government and later on it spread around the town walls. But in spite of all that, it is still the most famous as the birthplace of Marco Polo who was probably born here in 1254, and reminders of him can be seen all around the town, including the extremely interesting Marco Polo Museum which is something you definitively don`t want to miss when visiting this beautiful Dalmatian town. Today it`s a town where you can vividly feel the Mediterranean spirit of people who live and work in this mixture of Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque architecture.
Early morning departure from Split towards Korčula, the birthplace of the famous explorer and adventurer Marco Polo. Surrounded by medieval walls, Korčula resembles a miniature Dubrovnik when approaching from the sea. The town has more legends, tales and monuments than you can find anywhere else. Today, Korčula is the only place in the world where the Spanish medieval Knight’s game – Moreška – is still performed.
Stop for lunch in one of the secluded bays en route
Upon arrival to Korčula enjoy exploring the Old Town Korčula with streets built in the shape of a fish bone on your own
In the evening meeting will follow and gathering at the summer stage where you shall enjoy traditional Moreška Sword Dance performance
Performance will be followed by dinner in a local Restaurant
Why not end your evening with a drink at a local Cocktail Bar – Set under the turrets of the 15th-century Tower in the northern fortifications, the bar is accessible by stairs, then up a ladder. Standard cocktails in lurid colors come to you by pulley as you take in the view as far as Pelješac.
Overnight in Korčula port
Day 3 – September 4, Monday KORČULA – Stop in MLJET – DUBROVNIK (B, L, D)
Mljet National Park is a large area that borders two salt water lakes – Veliko and Malo Jezero (Large and Small Lake). The Lakes stretch for about 4 kilometers. Right in the middle of the Large Lake, there is a small island / islet Melita (Sveta Marija) with the large building of the former Benedictine monastery, erected there in the12th century. The monastery’s building is now café/restaurant. The small island is connected by boats that sail there from both sides of the Lake.
Swimming and sunbathing in Park is a good fun – as water here is much warmer than on seashores of the island (which is great if you want to swim in colder months)
To enjoy stunning scenery from hills above the Mljet coastline and Park you can take a hike up the hills (200 m) to get the views.
The Entrance to the Mljet National Park
The access to the park is at the north or western coast through villages Pomena and Polače. Although there is no official entrance to the National Park as such, visitors are expected to pay for the entrance
From Pomena it takes about 10 minutes to walk to Malo Jezero and another 10 minutes to Small Bridge (Mali Most) from where regularly scheduled boats are sailing to Sv, Marija (Melita) islet. Both paths are clearly signed and lead through a nice pine and bay woods.
(Note: No motor vehicles are allowed in the park – you can rent a car and drive along the island, but not in the National Park itself.)
Today, we head further south to the Island of Mljet, and then onward to Dubrovnik.
Join the cruise manager for a stroll to the famous salt lakes in the Mljet National Park and enjoy the boat ride to the St Mary Isle, where you will visit an ancient Benedictine monastery, an old abbey and a Church dating from the 12th Century.
Feel free to rent kayaks, bicycles, scooters or convertible cars to roam around the National Park or island on your own.
Return to the ship for lunch followed by departure towards Dubrovnik.
Late afternoon arrival in Dubrovnik, but before we tie the ropes at Gruž harbor the captain will take you for an evening cruise alongside the old city walls while your dinner is served on deck.
Enjoy the spectacular views of this magnificent old town.
Captain’s Dinner on board, and passenger talent night (Please be prepared! Your ‘talent’ could be singing, dancing, comedy, poetry reading, lip syncing, etc. Mandatory participation for maximum fun!
Overnight in Dubrovnik.
Day 4 – September 5, Tuesday DUBROVNIK (B)
Dubrovnik is a medieval city on the Croatian side of the Adriatic coastline and treasure trove of cultural, historical monuments that were created throughout its thousand-year existence. In the past, it was a City-Republic, and alongside Venice one of the most famous cultural-economic centers on the Mediterranean. In more recent times, it has become the center of modern cultural and tourist events: a city of summer festivals – an international parade of top musical and theatrical achievements, a city of museums and galleries. These values have turned Dubrovnik into a place that offers a rich selection of various experiences and excitement, but also a complete holiday in a quiet and calming, mild Mediterranean ambiance and wonderful seaside landscapes.
Transfer to the old town for the exclusive Adventures Croatia guided walking tour of this magical town.
King’s Landing, the capital of Seven Kingdom awaits you…
Join us on our tour with our skilled guides, costumed actors, movie buffs, fans, and extras from the set. Find out firsthand about the sets, actors and backstage intrigues.
2 costumed guides interactively guiding a combined tour of Dubrovnik History and Game of Thrones will lure you into a quest which allows you to participate in a game and learn to appreciate the stunning locations you are about to visit through play and interesting tasks. You will be surprised by costumed actors on certain points in the tour presenting intriguing storylines that add to the exquisite and unique experience of your visit to Dubrovnik.
Discuss fun theories and reenact the actual scenes with our props and professional guidance. The most important thing…have a great time with us and bring home some great and unique memories!
OPTIONAL: Wine tasting with snacks or dinner
Time at leisure for dinner (on your own) and overnight in Dubrovnik
Day 5 – September 6, Wednesday DUBROVNIK – TRSTENIK (B, L, T, D)
Trstenik is a village situated on the southern coast of the Peljesac peninsula. It is connected to the Croatian mainland by the coastal road via Ston. The village is located in a deep, south-facing bay under the tall Peljesac hills, with a large pebble beach at the base of the bay. The bay is an anchoring spot as it has a well-protected pier, though it is not recommended in times of southern wind Jugo. Trstenik is about 90 km away from Dubrovnik and due to it’s unique gorgeous and unspoiled location, is considered as one of the most beautiful villages of Croatian coast. The sea here is crystal clear and is rich in underwater life. Numerous small bays and beaches that can only be reached by boat are in the near vicinity of Trstenik.
History of Trstenik: Trstenik was in 19th and beginning of 20th century important harbor for transportation of grapes from Peljesac’s isolated southern vineyards to Italy and beyond. At that times the only way to transport grapes at harvest from southern slopes of Peljesac was to load them on donkeys and carry them over the mountain to the wineries in Potomje (village on Peljesac that has well-known winery) , or along the steep southern ridges to Trstenik to be loaded on boats and transported by sea to Italy or Split and Dubrovnik.
Peljesac Wines: Trstenik is a home of Grgich Winery that was founded by Napa Valley winemaker Mike Grgich, a Croatian emigre, in 1958. Grgich, who earned international fame as the winemaker at Calistoga’s Chateau Montelena, founded his own Grgich Hills winery in Rutherford in 1971. Red wine Plavac Mali is a famous product of this winery.
Morning departure from this magnificent town and continue our cruise towards the little seaside village of Trstenik on the Pelješac peninsula, well known for its excellent wine.
Before lunch a short stop at one of the Elaphiti Islands and afternoon arrival to Trstenik.
Departure for a small village called Ston on the mainland, a peaceful fishermen’s village and the starting point to an Exclusive Adventures Croatia Pelješac Tour – private tour of Pelješac peninsula in off-road Renault 4 vehicles with visits to famous Ston Walls, family Miloš vineyard and winery with wine and olive oil tasting and oyster harvesting with a local fisherman.
Transfer back to the ship.
Dinner on board the ship in Trstenik and an overnight
Day 6 – September 7, Thursday TRSTENIK – HVAR (B, L, T)
Pakleni islands archipelago, a labyrinth of several smaller islands that offer perfect bays for swimming and snorkeling.
Exploring the Paklinski Islands one cove at a time will make you believe that surprises are waiting around every corner, both above and beneath the surface! Every cove is a microcosm, a wonder of nature, a story in itself.
Paklinski islands group are situated in front of Hvar town and they tend to use like a large town park and town port breakwater.
Pakleni islands group consists of Jerolim, Pokonji dol, Galešnik, Marinkovac, Planikovac, Borovac, Stambedar, Dobri otok, Gojca, Vlaka, Borovac, Parzanj, Travna, Mali Vodnjak, Veli Vodnjak islets, the biggest one Saint Klement island and few cliffs.
The lavender island that Conde Nast’s signature travel magazine called “one of the “best 10 islands in the world”. A vacation on the lavender island of Hvar means extraordinary experiences every day – from visiting an ancient olive grove and learning about what Homer called “liquid gold”, taking a Jeep safari to discover hidden inland Hvar to exploring a castle, visiting the oldest theatre in Europe or tasting spectacular wine and local delicacies at an award-winning vineyard.
This morning we head towards the island of Hvar, the longest and sunniest Adriatic island, a favorite destination for jet setters from all around the world.
Lunch stop on the small Island of Šćedro followed by a swim stop at the Pakleni Islands. Arrival to Hvar in the afternoon.
Hvar Town offers many cultural and historical sites – Renaissance cathedral, the oldest communal theater in Europe founded in 1612, Franciscan monastery, the Benedictine convent famous for their lace listed on the UNESCO World Heritage List, Španjola Fortress towering above the town
Hvar walking city tour with visits to the Cathedral and Franciscan monastery followed by a walk up to Španjola Fortress where you’ll enjoy a private get together with music, wine sampling and snacks
Dinner on your own in one of many restaurants and bars and nightclubs open late all night long…
Return to the Adventures Croatia ship for an overnight in Hvar
Day 7 – September 8, Friday HVAR – OMIŠ (B, L, D)
Omiš is a small town and harbor in Central Dalmatian located between Split and Makarska, situated in the mouth of the Cetina river and surrounded with massive gorges. In the past, Omiš was notorious because of the pirates of Omiš whose ships were a centuries-long symbol of retaliation, courage, and strength. The evidence of proud and turbulent Omiš history can be found on every corner of the Omiš Riviera. Omiš churches and Omiš fortresses are silent stone reminders of the power and the might of infamous Omiš pirates. Today, Omiš is one of the most beautiful places on Croatia’s Adriatic Coast.
Our final stop will be Omiš a picturesque town surrounded by steep rocky mountain cliffs, where the river Cetina flows into the Adriatic Sea, ideal for a choice of activities: river rafting on the streams of the Cetina River, zip-line adventure accompanied by instructors, hiking to Fortica fortress or a city tour
After lunch on board served during our travel time from Hvar, an afternoon arrival to Omiš is expected
Includes your choice of one of these morning excursions:
- Zip lining in Omiš (Transfer, Zipline adventure, Guide) Approx duration: 3 hours
- Rafting on Cetina river (Transfer, Professional licensed instructor, Rafting equipment, Safety gear) Approx duration: 3 hours
- Walking City Tour of Omis Approx duration: 3 hours
- Hike to the fortress Fortica (the total hiking distance is 2340 meters), located at the mountain range called Omiška Dinara, the highest peak is 850 meters above the sea level, while the fortress is located at 303 meters above the sea level. Approx duration: 3 hours
Private transfer from Omiš Port to Kaštil Slanica restaurant for lunch where the optional activities participants will join the rest of the group
Upon arrival performance of the local cultural group of the Omiš dance and soparnik served with welcome drinks, followed by three-course lunch
After dinner return to Omiš by a boat ride down the Cetina river stream admiring the views over to Dinara Mountain.
Private transfer from Omiš Port to Kaštil Slanica restaurant for those who remain on board for dinner followed by a bus transfer to Omiš (three-course meal without drinks)
Upon arrival, a traditional performance of the local cultural group of the “Omiš dance” and soparnik served with welcome drinks.
Day 8 – September 9, 2017 – Saturday SPLIT
Early morning disembarkation.
Private transfers from Split Port to Split Airport Private transfer to airport
Ship Layout and Specifications
19 DBL/TWN cabins for guests
LENGTH 42 m (137,7 ft),
WIDTH 8,5 m (27,8 ft)
The Ultimate Island Hopping Adventure Package includes:
- Welcome embarkation party and meeting with the crew
- 7 nights’ charter with crew
- Croatian specialist cruise and tour directors
- Accommodation in two bedded cabin with private facilities
- Daily cabin servicing, fresh bed linen and towels midweek
- Daily buffet breakfast
- Use of A/C in the cabins, safe deposit box and hair dryer in each cabin
- You will be provided with two towels for personal use and one beach towel. Additional towels available if needed
- All private and English speaking guides and drivers
- VAT Tax included
- 24hr concierge and in-Croatia assistance
- Welcome happy hour and meeting with the crew upon embarkation
- Private transfers from Split Airport to Split Port upon arrival
- Private walking tour of Old Town Split
- Three course dinner menu at O’Zlata restaurant (drinks not included)
- Private Moreška Sword Dance performance on the summer stage with a welcome drink (sparkling champagne)
- Three course dinner at Filippi Restaurant private terrace (drinks not included)
- Entrance tickets to the National Park Mljet (a boat ride to the St. Mary isle in the Great Lake included)
- Exclusive Adventures Croatia Game of Thrones interactive tour and treasure hunt: 2 guides, 5 Actors, St. Lawrence fortress, GoT visual equipment, costumes, materials, and prizes included. Min: 4hrs
- (Interactive 2 guides private tour, Medieval dress/armour costumes provided, Licenced guides for Dubrovnik UNESCO area , Game of Thrones visual aids provided , Costumed Actors
- Dubrovnik history & GoT sketches) ST LAWRENCE (entrance fees)
- Exclusive Adventures Croatia Pelješac Tour – private tour of Pelješac peninsula in off-road Renault 4 vehicles with visits to famous Ston Walls, family Miloš vineyard and winery with wine and olive oil tasting and oyster harvesting with a local fisherman
- Hvar walking city tour with visits to Franciscan Monastery and Cathedral followed by a walk up to the Španjola Fortress for a private get together with music, wine sampling and snacks
- Wine house Vujnovich from Sučuraj on Hvar island – wine sampling Ivan Dolac & Plame red wines and Parč white wine and local Prošek paired with 2 local sorts of cheese, prosciutto, salted & marinated anchovies and shrimps served on slices of bruschetta, offered with figs (everything local and home-made). Private wine sampling enriched with the backdrop sounds of a local guitar musician.
- Choice of one excursion: Zip Lining, Rafting on Cetina River, Hike to Fortress, or City Walking Tour in Omiš
- Private transfer from Omiš Port to Kaštil Slanica restaurant for those who remain on board for dinner followed by a bus transfer to Omiš (three-course meal without drinks)
- Upon arrival traditional performance of the local cultural group of the “Omiš dance” and soparnik served with welcome drinks.
- Private transfer from Split to Split Airport upon departure
Optional Excursions Available:
- Visit the Dragon’s Cave, so called after one of the reliefs found inside. The guide takes you up to the cave, pointing out other significant sites on the way, explains the relevance of the carvings found inside the cave’s four rooms and gives an insight into the way the monks adapted to their harsh surroundings. On your way down you will pass the vineyards and finally have an arranged transfer back to the port (Included: English speaking guide, transfer)
- Enjoy Massimo Cocktail Bar in Korčula after dinner (drinks not included)
- Snack and Wine tasting at Razonoda Wine Bar in Dubrovnik
- Additional excursions are available upon request!
Program does not include:
- Meals and drinks not mentioned above
- Airfare, Travel
- Additional excursions and / or services not mentioned in the program
- Personal expenses (internet, telephone, mini bar etc.)
- Tips and porterage services
* Legend: B – breakfast; L – lunch; D – dinner; T – tasting